S40 water leak

Discussion in 'General Motoring' started by TD27, Oct 21, 2023.

1. TD27

TD27

I own a 2006 Volvo s40 t5 AWD that is leaking water into the front passenger foot well.
    I have determined after trouble shooting the problem that it only leaks when it’s raining and I have the climate control (heater) engaged. It does not leak when it’s raining and the climate control is off. I’ve pulled the front rug insert and can see a small drip coming from under the dash. This is not a leaky sunroof issue.
    Has anyone experienced this issue before?

TD27, Oct 21, 2023
  2. TD27

irevan

I have had the water leaking into the front passenger foot well on both my s60 2004 and xc90 2009, have owned many cars and never had this issue, very frustrating and volvo probably knows about this common occurrence.

irevan, Nov 21, 2023
  3. TD27

irevan

also have water leaking from around the driver side windshield wiper to my 2009 xc90 and caused damage to the CEM. I bought this car as new from volvo dealership where they give free carwash on saturday mornings and their high pressure water jet nozzel has probably caused this very costly CEM water damage.

irevan, Nov 21, 2023
  4. TD27

irevan

I had water build up under the passenger seat of my 2004 S60 and ruined the sound system amplifier, for quick fix I have drilled a quarter inch hole into the passenger seat floor of my both Volvo cars and moved on from Volvo .

irevan, Jan 6, 2024
Ask a Question