1989 Volvo 240 Wagon (B230F) cranks but wont start.

Discussion in 'Volvo 240' started by JamesWat, Mar 1, 2021.

1. JamesWat

JamesWat

I recently took my Volvo (1989 240 wagon) on a 2500 mile journey to the grand canyon and back, during which it performed very well. Once I got back the next time I started it up I noticed that the idle was somewhat erratic, not super rough or anything but I could hear it searching for an idle. I didn't think much of it as this was the first time this has happened. I noticed the same thing the next three times I started the car. Then out of nowhere the car stalled in park while I was at the grocery store, it felt like it just abruptly shut off, although I'm not sure as I had some music on. The fuel pump is still audibly priming as always, and the car still cranks as usual. I have noticed nothing out of the ordinary, and have had no check engine codes. The only idea I have is possibly the mass air flow sensor or something, but I haven't looked into it yet. Any help is appreciated, please let me know if you guys have any additional questions. Thanks in advance.

JamesWat, Mar 1, 2021
Ask a Question