2017 leaking sunroof

Discussion in 'General Motoring' started by Kirkfour, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Kirkfour

Kirkfour

i have a 2017 V60 with a leaky sunroof. Took it into the shop and still an issue. In the repair notes they reference TJ32014. Does anyone know where I could view a cop of this Tech note?
    Thanks

Kirkfour, Jul 24, 2018
  2. Kirkfour

Kirkfour

So I took my 2017 v60 back in today and they told me that water is supposed to get past the seal for the sunroof and drain into an overflow tray through the a pillar back outside the car.
    Water is supposed to get in? Thats normal? Only when it drips in your lap is when you have an issue.

Dazzled by Volvo service

Kirkfour, Jul 25, 2018
  3. Kirkfour

Warren A. Steele

And soaks the carpet, etc. The tray around the sunroof has two outlets into drain tubes to the outside. Mine are at the front corners. They need blown out with compressed air from the top, or sucked out with an wet/dry vac from where they exit. Mine are half way down the drivers side front pillar. I never noticed them before. Didn't find this out until my step daughter made the windshield repair people come out after they replaced her windshield, assuming that was the problem, and they showed her, at now charge, on my auto insurance.
    I, and apparently the previous owner, were trying to apply clear silicone caulking up around where the sunroof rested, to no avail. Also was told to clean the track of debris from time to time. Solved the problem for us both.

Warren A. Steele, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Kirkfour

Kirkfour

My drain tubes were blocked and the service note repaired that. What I can't understand is why, even after the repair, you can feel water in the trough when it rains. Shouldn't the sunroof rubber seal be enough to keep water out of the interior? I know the drain tube gets rid of the water once it gets past the seal, I just think a rubber seal should keep out 99% of the water. When it rains I can put my fingers up around the seal and it's usually wet. Thanks for your reply

Kirkfour, Sep 9, 2018
Ask a Question