Desperate for a 240 diesel part!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Liutgard, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Liutgard

Liutgard

Hi all! I just found this forum, and I hope someone can help me...

I have a 1982 240/245 6 cyl diesel wagon. I LOVE this car. Her name is Zippy. I've had her for about 12 years. She has well over 300k on her (don't know for sure- speed/odo has been changed out more than once). She's beginning to need original parts swapped out. and here's my problem.

Her fuel lines are going. We had to replace #5 last spring. #1 and 3 have sprung leaks. We have been able to find replacements for #1, 2, 4, and 6 (we decided to replace the others as they're all the same age and likely to also go soon). But we have not been able to find #3 anywhere. We've been told that they're really and truly out of stock, not being made, etc etc. We even sent them across country to a shop that fabricates stuff like this and they said that no, they can't make them. We've called all over Oregon and have had not luck. Portland is full of 240s but apparently diesels are not common and it is hard to get parts.

I'm desperate. I have to have this car running. I need to to get to the doctor and therapy appointments, and to get back and forth to Eugene to see my kids and grandkids. And I especially need her now because my older daughter is getting married this month and I really need the car for all of the back-and-forth for wedding prep.Why do cars always break down at the worst possible time?

Does anyone out there have a #3 fuel line, or have any ideas where I might find one? You would have my undying gratitude. I might even send you a batch of brownies!

Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
    Liutgard, Sep 1, 2012
Ask a Question