Just got a 1999 S80

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Audie1966, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Audie1966

Audie1966

I just acquired a 1999 S80 in good condition. Though it's body is in excellent shape, it has been treated rough on the interior. Minor issues from broken cup holders to pillar liners coming loose. It also has a low speed rattle in the front left wheel area and a bit of wind noise in the driver door area at high speed. I got Vadis and am learning to navigate it as well as Alldata. I was once a general mechanic 30 years ago, (before computers), and am very capable of automotive repairs. I love this car for the most part. I miss the customizing I did on my previous ride. I changed out the audio deck for a MP3 CDRW player. That would be very difficult in this car. I also need to find a part to fix the wind screen on the Sun Roof. One spring, Passenger side, is broken. Also, all of the exterior gaskets are worn down and ragged.I intend to do all I can to renovate this beauty to awesome condition. Anyone with one of these and some insight to its quirks, your input is welcome. As I learn about the S80 I will try to post my solutions.

Audie1966, Jul 15, 2011
  2. Audie1966

aaron21

Hey that's so great.congrats for that and welcome here.

aaron21, Jul 15, 2011
  3. Audie1966

steave

congrats dude

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
    steave, Nov 3, 2011
  4. Audie1966

Audie1966

Seat Memory Issue

Just got a new issue. The Power Seat Memory is lost when I exit the vehicle, (remove key from ignition and lock doors). I hope I am not in need of a new Control Module. Any others have and solve this issue?

Audie1966, Nov 4, 2011
Ask a Question