Stereo/Radio Wiring Problem

Discussion in 'General Motoring' started by Who, Mar 7, 2004.

1. Who

Who Guest

Hola!

I have just bought a 1990 440GL which had an 'after' sales fitted radio in it, which the vendor removed but he gave me the original radio. The connector I now have to work with is a standard piece of electrical 'chocky' block (screw terminals for the wiring in a block) but obviously the original stereo has different fittings. I have managed to figure out that the connector I need is not a PC2-43-4 as listed at Halfords. However the one suggested in a previous post to this forum (PC2-16-4) only looks like it would fit the electrical connectors (6 horizontal spade connectors of different sizes) but not the speakers socket. This socket looks like it would be square with 2 connectors for each of 4 speakers, the socket would have to have 'male' connectors to fit the socket on the radio. Does anyone have any further info which might help????

Who, Mar 7, 2004
Ask a Question